Established in 2002, LouisianaView is a member of the AmericaView Consortium, a nationally
coordinated network of academic, agency, non-profit, and industry partners and
cooperators that share the vision of promoting and supporting the use of remote sensing
data and technology within each state.
The goal of the LouisanaView program, since its establishment in 2002, has been to
promote the use of remotely sensed and GIS data by creating a consortium in the state that
has facilitated research, data dissemination, education, outreach, and technology transfer
in ways that have leveraged federal and private investment in remote sensing instruments
1) Strengthen a LouisianaView consortium of data users,
2) Actively build an archive of multi-sensor satellite imagery, aerial photography, etc. and a user-friendly dissemination mechanism,
3) Provide educational opportunities at the Institute of Higher Education ie. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette and for public end users,
4) Collaborate in remote sensing research, and
5) Provide technological support and technology transfer to data users.
Current Consortium Members:
UL Lafayette Regional Application Center, Program Lead
Louisiana Army National Guard – GeoSpatial Center